Tuesday, March 4, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Shrove Tuesday!  All is well here at 811. Tonight’s dinner was Sausage and Shrimp gumbo and Fried Cornbread with Bacon, Cheese and Whole Kernel Corn. Totally yummy! 

Dear God, Thank you for teaching me your will. Help me to stay so close to you that I always know I am doing what you want. Lord, It is my desire to follow you and I cannot imagine what I would do if I did not have you to cling to. I praise you for your faultless character and that I can always depend on you. Lord, you are wonderful. You plant my feet on the solid ground of your Word.  Help me to stay on the solid ground of faith and stay on the path you have set before me.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

“What is God’s will for our lives?” (No, I do not have the answer.) But I think that we ask this question when it comes to making decisions.  When the decisions are really important we very often pray for God’s will to be done because we either do not want to disappoint God by not inviting Him into our decision making process or that we truly have surrendered this decision over to God and ask His guidance with the willingness to be obedient and accepting of the decision God has made. God wants us to be so close to Him that we walk confidently in His leadership. God is so powerful and yet so humble that He can lead us over the roughest roads and bumble enough to walk by our side. Sometimes it may seem as if we are walking in the mist like in Gone with the Wind always looking for our way. The good news is that God always knows the way. While we are seeking God’s will for our lives and travel the path with God, I firmly believe we are taught wisdom and we will continually be taught to be faithful. Listening to God is one of the most important things we can do. If we continue to listen and pray and act in obedience to God I think we may find that we are already walking the path God has meant for us.  It never fails that God and I journey through the season of Lent together.  I am sure there is a journey to be made during this season of Lent. I encourage you to embrace the journey, take joy in it and keep God very close as you walk. 

“Whenever you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear this command behind you, “This is the way. Walk in it.”
Isaiah 30: 21

Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: