Saturday, March 8, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday!  All is well here at 811.  Began my first day of spring break with a wonderful cup of home brewed Starbucks Coffee lovingly prepared by my sweet hubby. Luther asleep beside me on the couch and a couple of Ben Matlock reruns.  It was a very relaxing way to begin a Saturday. 

Dear Lord, Please teach me how to live a life worthy of the calling to which you have given me. Forgive me for making idols of broken relationships, unrealized dreams  and thoughts that are not of you.  When these thoughts and hurts enter my heart and mind help me to call on you. Help me find a song of thankfulness and praise to sing and I know you will be there to care for me and those I love so dearly.  I give you my brokenness and fears because you care for me and those I love and long to be reconciled.  As I look at you Lord, in loving worship I rejoice in your unseen reality and trust in your unfailing love and healing grace. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Some Lenten journeys are harder than others.  As someone who has for a very long time put fear away, it seems to have found its way back into my thoughts.  What I am discovering that fear is a very subtle sin and that it is imperative that I put my worries and cares at the feet of Jesus and leave them there.   Carrying around worries and fears is a roadblock from enjoying the life God intended me (all of us) to live.  Fear is a predator waiting for any sign of weakness and can ravage our lives. There are times in our lives that experiences we have seem to distance us from having our dreams realized.  This may make us think that all we have worked and hoped for has been in vain.   The good news is that God’s has given us the gift of faith which is the weapon to fight fear.  Faith is the gift that protects us from the torment of fear and allows us to face each new day with hope and confidence.  For me, faith is the gift that helps me deal with the difficulties that may or may not happen. Faith gives us the courage to let go of fear.  I believe that if we stay as close to God as we can that perhaps the seemingly distancing experiences are not a complete change in the journey, but a delay for the glory of God to be made witness is us.  God is good and love wins!
“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
Psalm 27: 1
“I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?”
Psalm 56: 4
Take joy in this journey of faith as we walk the 40 days of Lent together.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene 

No comments: