Sunday, March 9, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well here at 811 and trying to acclimate to Daylight Savings Time.  We had an OOPS! this morning.  The clocks did their automatic update and when I looked at the clock my brains automatically said, “Oh, you have another hour.”  I was wrong!  I also think this was a first.  I don’t think I have ever missed at DST or a CST time Sunday ever.  Also, the choir director from Advent Lutheran Church had an attack of appendicitis today and had surgery this afternoon. At last work he is in recovery and doing well.  Please keep Peyton in your prayers for a speedy recovery, remaining infection free and great reduction in pain. 

Dear God, I will be patient and listen to you.  I hope to have the strength to listen and wait on your perfect timing. I thank you that the blessings you have for me are waiting.  I confess my sin to you and thank you for your great mercy in placing desires in my heart and leading me to wait until you and I are ready to step out in faith in service to you. Place your healing on Peyton tonight and give him rest for his body and comfort in his soul.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

“Strength will rise as we wait up upon the Lord.”  I love that song. Tonight my meditation seems to target the desires of my heart. In a world of my design I was going to graduate with my Master’s Degree, complete ordination, become ordained and then begin the life of a hospital or hospice chaplain. So far I have completed my degree. Not that that accomplishment is a small thing, but it is only the beginning of the journey.  So far in my Lenten journey I have discovered that seeking ordination has become an idol for me.  It looks as if now that if I am going to be ordained it will not be or another year.  The opportunities I hoped for have not been forthcoming and I have become discouraged.  I think this Lenten journey is teaching me that what I am to do is  follow God’s leading, learning more about Him and wait on the blessings to come. There is a time to step out on faith and a time for patience. I am learning to be willing for God to show me what is necessary for me and my situation. I believe that God heals us, loves us, and gives our life significance and success.    I ask you to pray for me to listen to God, trust in God and I believe the doors of blessing that God has for me will open.  I will pray this for you in return.  God is good and love wins!

“Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!”
Psalm 27: 14
“I am certain that I will see the LORD’s goodness in the land of the living.”
Psalm 27: 13
Take joy in the Lenten journey. Let us pray for one another and especially for Peyton. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene



No comments: