Tuesday, March 11, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  All is well here at 811.
Dear God, fill my thoughts with your wonderful deeds and remind me of your works, and I will sing your praise all day long.  Thank you for the psalms These are the wonderful prayers and testimonies of people who trusted you and saw your deliverance. You, most wonderful Lord are fully trustworthy. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Piggybacking on last evening’s post on prayer…When I get stuck in my prayer life I take some time to pray my list. I say, “Hallelujah!” to the day.   I remember how God has revealed Himself to me and worked in my life over the years.  I remind myself in my prayers of the phenomenal works narrated in scripture and claim the power of God in my own life with the words, “You parted the waters of the Red Sea and placed Noah on dry land. Lord you have the power to reshape a situation and land me (us) on dry land as well.” I give thanks for God’s intervention on our behalf and shown me (usually in hind sight) how the circumstances were worked through by God’s loving care and intimate grace. I give thanks for scripture and the comfort is has given to me and the peace I find in the presence of God and the joy. I love the psalms because they were written by real people with real struggles just like you and I. These ancient folks cried out to the living God and trusted in God’s victory. I ask God to cover my prayer list and to use me for His service today.  The thing that happens when I pray the list is that it reminds me to remain faithful throughout the day and my hope stays strong.  I hope this helps you.

“I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works.”
Psalm 77: 1-2
Take joy in the journey as you pray and study scripture.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: