Sunday, October 20, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Blessed Sunday to you all!  Two amazing things today. First, Bruce’s brother flew in and was able to have an afternoon visit. He is an executive with FedX who lives in Memphis and has meetings this week in the Metroplex. It was so wonderful to see him. He was able to come to our home, have lunch, visit with Bruce and I, look at pictures, met and played with Luther and Jackson and see the Cowboys beat the Eagles. The second amazing thing that happened was that I perfected a recipe I have been working on. It is a chocolate pecan cobbler. Oh My!!! It might be State Fair worthy next fall!  What a great afternoon!! God is good and today the love of family wins.

Prayer request:  Bruce is battling his October sinus infection. Please pray for him as these infections hit him really hard. Thanks. Grace and pieces, gc

Lord, I thank you for every good and perfect gift you have ever given. I think you for the blessings of love and family. Thank you for meeting the needs of this family and staying so close especially as things change. Help me to maintain a study time, a writing time, time for Bruce and most especially time for You.   I thank you for all of the times I hear you speak when I meditate on your word. Through faith and practice keep me within hearing distance. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

I invited Dale into my study today. As he walked in I began to take in all of the books on the shelves and the three stacked on my desk. I remember when these books were in our dining room and it looked like the grad student study. Now they are all within arm’s reach. Each one of these books has been read, studied and probably found its name in a bibliography of a paper I have written. 

And even though I have read these books I have only meditated on one book. I have meditated on the Holy Bible and written reflections on passages of scripture. I have prayed these words and when I pray the words of scripture my soul is encouraged, my spirit is uplifted and my mind finds new ways apply these ancient words to my daily living. Here is the good news. What started out as a discipline six years ago has turned into a time of delight in my day; a time to which I look forward every day. God has become very present to me and my promise and God’s power has become my strength. I am taking joy in this new journey because God has promised to be with me. I will wear comfortable shoes and tonight I will get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

“You made me willing to listen and obey. And so, I said, ‘I am here to do what is written about me in the book, where it says, ‘I enjoy pleasing you. Your Law is in my heart.”

Psalm 40: 6-8

 

No comments: