Friday, October 25, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

TGIF! Today God is First!  All is really great at 811. Bruce and I met with his therapists at the Center today. They had only amazing and positive things to say about his progress. I have watched and listened and conversated with him with the most clarity since the stroke. His testing agrees with what I am experiencing at home. I sat in on one of his speech sessions today. It was fascinating.  Bruce works so hard and he is really hard on himself when he messes up. WOW! God is so very good and the unfailing love of God absolutely wins. 

Lord, I give you thanks for every blessing I remember for which to give thanks and those I do not. Every gift you give is good and perfect and given out of Your unfailing love. Sometimes I only bring to you problems, grief, sorrow and need.  Lord, I thank you for receiving what I bring and giving what I need. Lord, the psalmist says, I trust in you, O Lord, You are my God. My times are in your hand.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Tonight the opening sentence of my meditations says, “Give your problems, challenges, and difficulties to God, but make sure there are no claw marks on them.”  This made me laugh just a bit knowing how well God knows me. How many times have I offered surrender of something that is going wrong over to God and then struggled to keep it for myself and fix it.  What we need to do is let God carry us. God is far better able to carry us than we are ourselves. Interestingly enough it is in letting go and not holding on that makes us stronger. When we let go of tough situations, relationships, inner struggles, paper writing, studying the Gospel of Mark and Disciples History etc…here is what happens; we come to God with hands that are full and leave with hands that are empty.

“They eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.”

2 Chronicles 16: 9

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

PS Tomorrow Bruce and I are taking Jackson and Luther to the Basset Shuffle. It is a fund raiser for basset rescue. The boys have their TCU t-shirts and collars. Bruce and I have our TCU shirts (no collars) ready. This family will represent the Purple Reign in fine style tomorrow.

 

 

No comments: