Thursday, October 24, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Thursday!  All is well at 811. Bruce had a great day at rehab and I have things ready for the children in the morning. Tomorrow afternoon I will attend another Family conference at the Center. Bruce and I will meet with each of his therapists and they will give us his progress reports.  I always look forward to these conversations especially when they tell me how wonderful Bruce is, how hard he works and how he is the model patient!  I could tell them that for free!  I promise a report in the next post.  PS Applying for Social Security Disability Benefits is a bear! I think if you survive all of the paperwork and appointments, disability benefits should be awarded out of sheer endurance!!!  

Lord, whenever the pressures and stresses build up and it seems like the storm is breaking over me help me to remember the promises, your precious promises that you have so graciously given and that I will not be tempted or allowed to give up.  Help me to remember all of the times you came to me reminding me of the gift of joy and in your presence and power reminded me of your tender mercies, forgiveness, your promises and your Word guide and comfort me. In Jesus name, Amen

Ok yesterday I had a brief melt down. I am better today. I had a little talk with Jesus. I was feeling overwhelmed a bit and was having a bout with poor self-confidence. But today I remembered that God promised to never leave my side and is always at work on my behalf. God knows my struggles and I have asked for forgiveness for not remembering all I know about God and then I gave thanks for every blessing I have received. I have asked for the wisdom and strength of my Mom, the strongest woman I have ever known, the faith of our son Casey,  and the courage to stand firm in my faith and belief that the resurrection hope of the risen Christ that comes in our midst and says, “Peace be with you.” 

My friends if you find yourself in the struggle and seeing the storm please feel free to insert your name and accept the peace that God has given us as a gift out of the unfailing love of God in Christ Jesus. 

“Remember the wonders he has performed, his miracles, and the rulings he has given.”

Psalm 105: 5

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

 

No comments: