Sunday, October 13, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well at 811. It has been a wonderful day with excellent worship at Rush Creek Christian, lunch with Travis (Sarah was under the weather and was unable to join us), grocery shopping and the Cowboys won!  Also, something that has lightened my spirits is that I passed my other paper. The professor wrote comments that I will certainly be able to use in my next writing for him. It has been a wonderful day. God is good and love wins!

“How can I repay the LORD all the good He has done for me?”

Psalm 116: 12

Lord, I am your servant. I pray you find me faithful and will find a way to use me in your service. I offer up the sacrifice of thanksgiving and pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

There are times when God requires us to be obedient even when the task is really tough.  Texas/OU weekend will always be difficult for me as it is the last weekend Casey was with us. I remember every moment of that day. That Saturday in a hospital room at Arlington Memorial more than 200 hundred people came through Casey’s room and the room was divided into orange and maroon. Casey was an OU fan. And People came just to watch the game with him. Not one nurse ever said we were too loud or there were too many people in the room.  The day before the charge given to me was to tell my son that there were no more miracles and that he was not going to be able to sustain life on this side of heaven. Casey already knew this because God had already spoken to him. As devastating as this was to me, it was the holiest moment I will ever experience. I was first to speak words of love to him as an infant and God allowed me to speak these last words.  I was able to tell him how he taught me to be a Mom and how I was going to miss him and how much I loved him.  For this moment in time I will ever be grateful to a loving God. But here was the gift. Casey told me that God told him it would not be long and then he said, “Mom, I am not afraid.”  After all of the bad news I was given to deliver to my son, my son spoke good news to me. God had spoken to him and Casey was going into the arms of God without fear.  Casey went into the arms of God five years ago tomorrow without fear.

We as believers will be given assignments leaving us wondering why we should continue trusting and serving and with tasks more difficult that we could ever imagine. But when we act in obedience, we become authentic and a living example of true praise and thanksgiving to God. May God help us to serve in love and thanksgiving and may we offer ourselves wholeheartedly no matter what we are called to do. Take joy in the journey my friends. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: