Friday, October 18, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

TGIF! Today God is First!  811 is doing okay. Bruce has had two headaches today. Headaches are something to watch for in someone who has had a stroke.  I am a little concerned, but Bruce assures me that he is okay.  I hope so. I created a stove top meat smoker today when I needed a break from studying the Gospel of Mark. It was kind of fun and my bacon wrapped chicken breasts were delicious.  Sometimes I have to do something creative when the words begin to run together on the page. 

Lord, Thank you for flooding my heart with the light of your love and for meeting the needs of my family.  I am in awe of Your Presence in our lives and sing songs of gladness for your grace.  Thank you for Your guidance, affirming the decisions made, blessing the opportunity for which You cleared the way, Your great faithfulness and unfailing love. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen

I am about to return to the teaching field. I will begin next week with planning and maybe some meeting with small groups. One of the most important things I will do is help the children to begin to trust me to help them to become better readers. Not just to be able to read the words fluently, but understand and remember what they have read. I experience these same needs each time I open one of my textbooks from my classes at seminary. 

The children are going to need to read and understand what they read just like I need to understand what I am reading. It is my hope if the children will trust me and I teach my best that they will learn and become not just better readers, but better students. So it seems that the children and I will be walking similar paths.  We both need to trust someone that will guide us along our paths. I hope I will enable the children to trust me and I will trust God in God’s infinite wisdom to successfully complete this degree in 5 class periods, 3 papers and 1 exam. Take joy in this extraordinary journey of faith. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

Prayer of joy!  Our dear friend David Russell went home from the hospital after 50 days inpatient. We are so very grateful to a loving and healing God.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Peace, gc

No comments: