Tuesday, October 15, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Monday! All is well at 811. We are a little tired as we picked Geni up from the airport at 11: 30 last night and did not get home until after midnight which made bedtime very late.  Lots of yawns tonight even during NCIS. But I worked on revising and making corrections on my paper.  Giving thanks that Geni arrived home safely from California.

Lord, thank you for hearing my prayers whether I speak out loud or I am quiet. And Lord, teach me to be still before you and wait for your leading before I move forward. When I am quiet is when I hear you whispering in my heart. I love you Lord and trust your heart.  In Jesus name, Amen.

“Great is His faithful love to us.

Psalm 117: 2

Sometimes we all have problems and situations that stretch our faith to the point we think it is going to break. But something I have learned about faith since Bruce had his stroke. I have shared this before, but it still comes back to me. Faith is what we pray when we need deliverance, but trust is what we live on day by day. I also think faith is what allows us to look past the current situation or problem and trust moves us forward not in leaps always, but in steps guided by the Holy Spirit.  Now what we see on the other side of the circumstance may not be what God intends.  But what God intends will be right.

Prior to July 16, MY plan was to do chaplaincy work part time during the summer and through the fall semester and hope to go full time in January after graduation.  I am sure God looked down and said,,” O my, she’s planning again!.”  Make no mistake, God did not cause Bruce to have a stroke and generally I do not think a plan for chaplaincy has changed, but it just may be on hold for a while. Maybe God is preparing me and waiting until I am ordained until I am placed in a chaplaincy/pastoral care role.  I don’t know. I do not have any current prospects for chaplaincy. But I have some job opportunities that will bring income into our home if I am hired. What I pray for is for God to keep me in the center of His will. I am trusting God to lead my life and the current circumstances from His loving perspective and will use me as a servant minister in whatever ministry I land. God is good and love wins! Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: