Saturday, September 21, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Saturday!  Happy birthday Holly!  Holly is my great niece and Ken and Sheena’s granddaughter.  She turned three today!  The sea of pink, Minnie Mouse, tea parties and a pink Minnie Mouse tricycle were the hit of the day. Today held a first in our family.  Each of the granddaughters either had their husband, fiancé or steady boyfriend at the party. It was so cool. We are in the process of watching the next generation of Ken’s and my children make their homes and take their place in this world. It was pretty great to see this today.   God is so very good and love does win!

“I will instruct you, and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.”

Psalm 32: 8

As I approach the end of my Brite career and graduation I really have begun to think, ”What will I do now? “  For the last six years I have been planning on a career in the Christian ministry field. I began this journey with the plan to continue teaching after achieving a Masters of Theological Studies. Then my plans changed when God called me into the ordained ministry of chaplaincy in hospitals, hospices or other facility.  And now our lives have changed once again with Bruce having a stroke and unable to work due to language issues and the inability to drive safely.  My plan to do hospital chaplaincy work may have to be put on hold until Bruce is recovered and can go back to work. The teaching field is still open to me I can most likely go back into teaching at lease part time until a chaplaincy position presents itself.

The opening statement of my meditation tonight is “I AM CONSTANTLY CONSCIOUS OF YOUR THOUGHTS. Sometimes your mind creates so many plans…” God tells me to entrust my concerns to Him and He will receive them into His care and keeping, I needed the assurance of these words.  These words of assurance lighten the burden and remind me that God knows my thoughts and God knows our needs.  This verse speaks to me as a teacher as it says, “I will instruct you in the way you should go.”  This teaching is not for my plans but for the plans God has for me and the path I should take.  When I surrender this uncertainty over the God then God’s counsel will stand and I will serve as God has ordained me to serve.  In the last six years this journey has not been trouble free, but it has been filled with extraordinary meaning and a great deal of joy. This precious promise says that God will watch over us and this teaching will be imprinted on our hearts. 

Faith is the prayer for deliverance and trust is the gift that sustains. I need to be willing to trust the journey I am on, pay attention and listen to God’s voice where ever it is found and take joy in the journey.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

 

No comments: