Sunday, September 22, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Blessed Sunday to you all!  Happy first day of Fall. This is one of my most favorite days of the year.  I wore my fall leaf shirt and got out my fall leaf dessert plates for the pie I served tonight. The fall placemats came out and the spring and summer lipsticks were put away and the fall lipsticks are in the bag!

 I am beginning to notice Bruce tiring easily. Today we made a grocery run to Walmart and he was not picking up his feet when he walked. Most of the time I have to keep up with him (this is a new development since the stroke) as he is on the move pretty rapidly.  Today he shuffled his feet and was really tired when we got home. Tomorrow I he and I will attend a Family Conference at CNS and I intend to bring up my concern about Bruce’s fatigue and see if they have any clues. 

“You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”

Psalm 16:11

You may have figured out that I love the Psalms. They bring me a source of comfort and assurance when I need to be reminded of my relationship with God.  When our basic vital needs are met God is the only One who can satisfy our souls.  God is the living relationship within our souls that give us joy in abundance. Whenever the world seems to take all that we have to give and we feel empty, we can go boldly to the throne of grace, pour out our hearts and allow God to fill that emptiness with unfailing love and Presence.  Hebrews 4: 16 gives us direction, “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”  God is good and love wins!

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope never disappoints.  Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, cast our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake.  Love you, Bruce and Gaylene

 

 

 

No comments: