Thursday, September 19, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Thursday!  Bruce had a doctor’s appointment today. Tests were run and there is a bit of a hormone imbalance and they want to find out why.  He is still battling some problems with kidney insufficiency. The doc is checking on that too. We went to an endocrinologist. Just for now blood work to make some determinations. They are trying to find out if the stroke caused the problem or if it was an issue prior to the stroke.  This was never mentioned when he went through the battery of tests for the valve replacement two years ago.  So perhaps the stroke just knocked things out of pocket. The doc says that as Bruce improves the situation may right itself. That is my hope and prayer. Please make it yours. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Because what we need is one more thing!! God is good and love wins.

“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace removed,’ says the LORD, who has compassion on you.’”

Isaiah 54: 10

I think sometimes I am not equal to this task of being care giver, student, paper work filler outer, appointment setter, driver, interpreter and wife during this journey. Each of these responsibilities carries considerable weight.  I get a little down and a little overwhelmed sometimes when I think of something I have forgotten or did not have time to do. I guess God knew I needed to refocus and learn a lesson.  I have placed Bruce’s care and well being at the top of my list and everything else ranks under this.  And while I believe it is my joy to take care of Bruce, God spoke to me tonight reminding me to place Him and my relationship with Him changing my focus from myself and my busy life and back on Him.  The rest will fall into place.

“I UNDERSTAND YOU PERFECCTLY AND LOVE YOU ETERNALLY. It is your soul I love, rather than your appearance or performance.”  The meditation summarily says to “Cease striving and know that I am God.” 

God created each of us to know Him and to enjoy His Presence and unfailing love. The scripture verse tonight says the mountains may shake and the hills removed and God’s unfailing love will not be shaken and the covenant of peace removed.  When I become overwhelmed and think I am not equal to the honorable task placed before me I was reminded to walk into the sanctuary of my heart where God lives and ask for peace and comfort.  I give thanks for His Holy Presence and remember that God’s compassions they fail not. Great is God’s faithfulness.  There are many distractions out there that would vie for my attention away from God. All of these things are temporal, but God’s unfailing love (I know I say that a lot) is unshakable and is eternally with me and all of us. God’s love is sufficient to meet our needs and satisfy our souls in quiet rest. When we have rested in the loving arms of our compassionate God then we are refocused and ready to begin again with singing on our lips and praise in our hearts.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint.  Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, casting our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no need for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

 

 

No comments: