Sunday, September 15, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Blessed Sunday to you all.  What a wonderful Lord’s day!  I love Sunday. Sunday is the day when I get to sing songs of praise with others who love God and know God through Jesus as Savior. It is truthfully the most therapeutic thing I do all week long.  Today, I sang a special music piece at Rush Creek Christian Church.  The title of the piece is “I’ll Keep My Eyes on You.”  It is a song I sing when my world has been shaken and leaves me really unbalanced. 

“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.”

Hebrews 12: 28—29

This is a phenomenal passage of scripture. These words say that when we come into relationship with God through Jesus that we receive the Kingdom of God both on earth and for all eternity. The world sometimes puts us on shaky ground and leaves us feeling unbalanced, unable to think clearly and may make us want to choose anything close that we think will hold us up.  My friends, when we worship God we change and have the ability to regain our balance and think things through more clearly. 

When I was first learning to sing for audiences I was taught to find a fixed spot on the wall and focus on that spot. The purpose of that exercise was to place focus on the music and not on the audience so nervousness was kept at a minimum. But when my world has been shaken I fix my eyes on God and not on the world because when I fix my eyes on the world I try to take my life back into my hands and not on the plan God has for me. 

The kingdom of God both of this world and for eternity is for all people who love God and know God through Jesus as Savior and is unshakable!!! This is the kingdom of the everlasting God. By the Word of God we receive it. When I fix my eyes on God and not on this world I have to believe that God has planned more infinite and wonderful things than I can imagine.  I have said all of this to say that things will never be the same as they were on July 15 ever again and because of the precious promises of God things have never and will never be the same since July 16.  But I know that the love of God will see us through all we will experience and will shine in Living Presence in a sometimes shaky world as we live from day to day.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep.  God is up all night anyway so there is no need for all of us to be awake.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

No comments: