Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy Saturday!

Happy June!

Bountiful Basket Day!  It is an early call for the pick-up, but totally worthy. Today’s offerings included a bundle of swiss chard. I looked up recipes for swiss chard as I have never prepared it before. So I found a recipe for enchiladas made with Yukon gold potatoes, cojito cheese and swiss chard. I am going to try it tomorrow for dinner.

Prayer requests: continue to keep little Tatum in your prayers. She is still in the hospital. The all-important number that needs to go up has gone down, but the other numbers are great. When a little immune system is compromised then some things just take a bit longer. Mandy, her mom, assures me that she is okay and that this is normal when an infection or virus has entered her body.

Also, please keep the Baker family in your prayers as the husband and father of this family is losing his battle with lung cancer. He is on home hospice and is getting tired of the fight. His name is Steven. 

Bruce is better today, but will go back to the chiropractor for treatments next week. Perhaps tonight he will sleep better after working all day.

Finally, please pray for me as I preach tomorrow at Hurst Christian. I am preaching on Luke 7: 1-10. It is the story of the healing of the centurion’s servant. This passage is often titled this even though the healing of the servant is sort of an afterthought.

Prayer:  Holy Lord, Great Physician and Healer, we know so many who are in need of healing. Heal those whom we lift before you today. We place them in your loving hands whether you are planning to call them home to heaven or restore them to wellness here on earth. Help us to trust You especially when it is so difficult. You have called us by name and we belong to You. We are Yours and we love You and pray Your best work of faith be done in each of us. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before me.”

Isaiah 49: 16

No matter how alone we may feel at times, God remains with us. By God’s Holy Word we belong to Him! Nothing can separate us from God’s loving presence. God called us unto Himself in the most intimate personal way and reaches into the circumstances of our lives. God knows the intricacies of our hearts and minds. To God we are not just numbers. God calls us by name and we are so precious to God that He has inscribed us on the palms of His hands. So remember when the struggles of this world and situations in our lives begin to get us down we need to remember that God is with us and is in control.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: