Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy Thursday!

What an awesome day!  I think today I did something I have never done before. I had lunch with my four favorite men. My Daddy turned 80 last week so we celebrated his birthday on Saturday. One of the gifts he received from my brother was a pair of tickets to the Ranger game today for the two of them, so I invited them to lunch before the game. We met at TGI Fridays and joining us were Travis and Bruce. So I had lunch with Bruce, Travis, Ken and my Daddy. How cool was that?!!!

Prayer alert:  thank you for your prayers for Tatum. She is much better today. The blood transfusion she received made her feel better. If her fever remains down she can go home tomorrow. Please continue to pray for her and her family as they continue in this journey of extraordinary faith and hope.

Prayer #2  My sister-in-law’s sister is gravely ill in a Sherman hospital. Her name is Sheila. Please keep her and all of her family in your prayers. 

Prayer:  Holy Lord, You are our refuge and our strength a very present help in times of trouble. I thank you for being with us in all of the times of our life. Please grant Your gracious healing to those we name before you. It is hard to know whether to pray for healing or Your tender mercy. So Lord, I ask you to help us to trust Your perfect will to work in their lives and our willingness to accept it.  In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“God is our Refuge and strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a well -proven help in times of trouble.”

Psalm 46: 1

The psalms are the best when the words you want to pray don’t come. The psalms are not the words of God. They are the words of the people of God. These words praise, proclaim, instruct, and make petition.  These words promise that God is present with us in times of distress. We are members of the royal family and citizens of the heavenly kingdom. God is committed to caring for us. So when we are stressed to the max we need to remind ourselves  “Jesus is here with me in this very hard situation”. Then we need to take a breath, a slow deep breath, and connect with God. It is in this time when we are quiet and connected with God in prayer that we draw strength from His voice and His Word.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope in God never disappoints. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: