Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Wednesday! 

This morning I met with the pastor from Hurst Christian to go over the bulletin for Sunday.  I also completed my sermon today and now I just have to learn enough to preach it. I am praying for God’s anointing to say the words He wants me to preach to a congregation I do not know. By God’s intervention the words will have meaning for them and bring glory to God. (I know I don’t ask for much.)

Bruce worked until 8:00 tonight. He is so tired and his hip is still hurting. Please continue to pray for him.

Prayer alert:  Our precious little cousin Tatum had to go back to the hospital last night. Her fever spiked and they rushed her to the hospital. She had a blood transfusion and antibiotics.  She cried and then bravely packed her bag for the hospital. Please pray for Tatum and her family and for her to be healed.

Also, pray for teachers and those involved in public education. These last few days of school are really difficult and they need all of the prayers we can pray.

Prayer:  Lord of heaven and earth, this afternoon when the storms came through and the space outside became dark in a time when it is usually light, I remembered that Your Word says that You are the light of the world and that your children will never walk in darkness because You are the light of life.  What a wonderful promise giver You are and what a promise keeper we trust in You to remain.  Keep us close, precious Lord, so that we may always dwell in the light of Your love. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.”

Proverbs 4: 18

I was sitting in my study putting the finishing touches on my sermon when the weather outside my window began to change. It began to get dark, the thunder began to crash and the rain began to fall. But inside my office the lights were still on and I was safe with my dogs. 

There is a lot of darkness in the world, but we always have access to the light of the world. We can never be in total darkness because Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit is always with us.  God is with us and always goes before us lighting the way. It is our assignment to trust God and rest in the light provided by God no matter how dim it may seem. But if we live close to God then we will always have the light of Life.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: