Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Monday and Memorial Day!

Bruce began the day with displaying our United States Flag.  There have been a number of family members on both sides who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces, but only one we can think of who died in that service. We are grateful for their service and the service of all those who have served in the past, who are currently serving and those who will serve.

I prepared a Memorial Day meal today. Geni and I shared blueberry maple sausage, mini egg quiches, red strawberries with white whipped cream and hashbrowns.  And tonight Bruce and I sat out on the patio for the first time this season.  It was quiet, with a lovely breeze and wonderful conversation.  Today was a wonderful day.

Prayer:  Blessed Lord, giver of freedom and grace. Thank you for a special day in which we give thanks for those who are and were willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for this country. Bless those who have gone on before us and bless those who are injured in body, mind and spirit because of their sacrificial choice. Thank You, Holy One, for making the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. Your sacrifice was one time for all and forever.  I love you my Lord and Savior. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.”

Psalm 33: 20

Wait in Hope for God; God is our help and our shield. Waiting is one of the hardest things we do. I don’t think waiting is a virtue, but I think how we wait is important. Being resigned or impatient is not the way we show our trust in God. However, if we wait in hope and keep our focus then we can wait in confident expectation believing our hope is in God. Then we can wait in peace. God has promised to be with us always as Matthew 28: 20 says, “to the end of the age.”

The other part of the verse is God’s promise to us that while we wait (not our best thing) God will be with us as our strength and shield. God’s unfailing love for us is there to help us during the time of waiting. This amazing love helps us through this time because we can access God through prayer and the Holy Spirit. Let us practice putting our hope fully in God and in the Light of God’s Presence asking that God’s light will shine in the times when we have to wait.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: