Sunday, April 28, 2013


Happy Saturday! 

I have missed writing the last two evenings. Finals time gets a bit hectic. Tomorrow’s goal is to complete the atonement paper for Religion and Violence and get it to my editor.  It is due on Tuesday.

 Today we celebrated Sarah’s birthday. We had lunch at home and then we all wore our matching shirts to support Travis in the power lifting meet in Fort Worth. His heaviest lift was 735 pounds and he won the super heavyweight division.

Prayer:  Loving, guiding and gracious Lord, thank you for this wonderful day. Lord, we get really busy sometimes trying to balance our lives with so many things to do and schedule and plan. Help us relax and remember to remember that You are God and how much You love us.  In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

“Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalm 46: 10

Welcome to life!  Final paper time, preparing for a wedding and as soon as the wedding is over I will begin classes once again.  Sometimes the planning and scheduling gets so out of control that we forget the One who loves us most.  In this verse, the psalmist commands us to “cease striving” and relax. Relax and remember with a peaceful heart that “I am God.”

Right now it seems that having all of the ducks in a row is more important than relaxing and remembering that God is with us.  Tonight I stop to give thanks for God who strengthens me and who will strengthen you.  I love giving thanks to God who loves me and all of us so much and doesn’t care whether I have all of my ducks in a row or not or whether the problems of the day are solved. God cares more for our relationship with Him and desires a relationship of ease and consistency with us. God wants us to come boldly into His Presence to hear us say, Jesus, I choose to enjoy You. 

Take joy in the journey with the assurance that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart of thanksgiving and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: