Monday, April 29, 2013


Blessed Sunday to you all!

Great worship this morning and the remainder of the day spent on the completion of my paper for Religion and Violence paper on Atonement Theology. Sometime tomorrow I will begin my Religion and Immigration paper. Would you please pray for the computers in our house. My big wonderful Dell is broken, I revived an old laptop that is super slow and does not always keep the Microsoft Word up and running and finally Travis is letting me use his and the power just died on it. Maybe I have written them to death. But I have still more miles to write before I sleep.

Prayer alert:  My friend Casey Carter is having surgery this week. He is a friend from Brite. His surgery is at Medical city in Dallas. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you.

Prayer: Lord of my life, You are Holy, You are kind and compassionate and I love you. Thank You for letting me get to know You more and deepening my faith through study and writing. Thank You for the inspired knowledge that happens when I put You in the center of my study. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.”

Psalm 73: 23-24

Renewal is a process that takes a lifetime. Each day when we are so privileged to wake up and greet the morning we get to begin again.  When we begin each new day our first thoughts need to be to please the Lord, our God and walk in His ways.  This lifelong process is the journey of faith we sign on for when we decide to follow and love Jesus. Even when life hands us some tough roads that are filled with problems and pain they are also filled with Joy and Peace because Jesus is with us each step of the way.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: