Wednesday, March 6, 2013


Happy Wednesday! 

I am on Spring Break until Tuesday, March 19th. I still have a lot of work to do for school, but I can also take some down time…you know maybe coffee, Matlock and a sweet four-legged friend (or three!).

Prayer:  Holy One, I’ll keep my eyes on You. When I turn my gaze to people they just let me down. But Your love is the strongest thing I have ever found. Let me glance at the struggles and problems and gaze constantly on You and Your gracious presence.  In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Hebrews 12: 2

Looking at God through the eyes of Jesus and taking a glance at our troubles is the way to live a victorious life. When we have one big problem or a number of smaller ones that take over our thoughts and continue over long periods of time we tend to glance at God and fix our focus on the problems. By the blood of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit given to us we have been empowered to do this very thing; glancing at problems and gazing at God. We need to ask the Holy Spirit to help us do this so that we learn to redirect our attention to the “author and perfecter of our faith.”  This is not an easy thing to do and it takes practice.

How many times when we have a problem, do we try to fix it ourselves, turning to God only when we have found it beyond our ability to find a workable solution? God wants us to turn to Him first. We need the assistance of God through the power of the Holy Spirit continually. God is our constant Companion and desires greatly to be in relationship with us and intimately involved with us in all parts of our lives. Let us try to practice this pattern as a part of our Lenten journey. When troubles and problems arise let us stop where we are and fix our eyes on Jesus and simply ask, “Jesus let me keep my eyes on You and let You work Your will in me and the problem at hand. Thank you, Lord.”

Take joy in this journey of faith, remembering that hope does not disappoint! Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart of gratitude, throw an extra blanket on the bed and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: