Wednesday, March 6, 2013


Happy Tuesday!

Prayer:  Holy and loving Lord, sometimes we go through difficult times and feel like we are walking in the darkness. And sometimes that darkness feels like a tunnel with no end. Lord, we are not patient and when we struggle the darker the way becomes. Whatever happens, do not let us give up! Help us to remember that You are our constant companion and sovereign God and by Your very word You can turn our darkness into light.

“You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.”
2 Samuel 22: 29

I am not a fan of the dark. I am kind of like one of my favorite storybook characters, Franklin the Turtle, who was afraid of sleeping in his shell because of the darkness. There is one night per week when I come home after dark. I am not a fan of that, either. When I leave school I usually call Bruce and he walks me to my car. Bruce is my companion in the dark.

When the situations in our lives are bringing us to the point of despair, turn to the great Companion. Turn to God for help. Cling to the hand of God and walk by faith. Try not to think about the circumstances that are weighing us down. Look ahead through the eyes of faith and praise God for the victories that are ahead. Friends, even though it is hard we need to worship God in the darkness and pretty soon God enables us to see light in the darkness.  But don’t stop! Continue to walk in faith and worship God and let God bring the light of a new day. Let us walk in fearless faith with the light of God’s love.

Take joy in the faith filled journey of hope remembering that hope does not disappoint! Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert:  We have some friends who are in need of our prayers right now and will be for some time to come. Please keep these friends of ours in your prayers. I cannot share names and circumstances. God knows their needs.  Thank you. Peace, gc

No comments: