Saturday, March 9, 2013


Happy Saturday!

I am hoping to get this entry written before the storm really hits and knocks out the lights. If you have a non- electric alarm clock or an alarm on your phone I would advise you to set it just in case your power goes out!

Prayer alert:  I am preaching at Rush Creek Christian Church in the morning at 8: 30 and 10: 45. Please pray that the word I preach is filled with the Holy Spirit and is not my word, but God’s. Also, there is a pancake breakfast fund raiser between services taking a free will donation offering.

Geni and Travis drove to Kilgore to a wedding and will be heading back soon. Please pray for their safe return. 

Prayer:  Lord, tomorrow I share Your Holy Word with the congregation at Rush Creek. I pray that You will be with me as I share the living words of your story that we may make them a part of our story too. I love you, Lord. Thank You for entering into my life and leading me to serve you in Your church. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“The LORD your God is in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. “
Zephaniah 3: 17

God promises to walk in our midst in trouble or peace, in sadness or gladness and everything in between.  We cannot let problems, or sermons or troubles intimidate us. Remember God said, I, the Mighty One am in your midst and am greater than all of the trouble in the world. Is that the best promise ever or what?

God enables us to endure whatever life hands us and grow stronger through our struggles. Just because sometimes we get tired of the journey,  God is not disappointed or displeased with us because God remains with us and we are never alone.  The way we access God is by staying in communication with Him as we continue to move along this amazing journey called life. With all of the challenges that life brings to us God’s living presence will strengthen us and bless us with peace.

Take joy in the journey remembering that we are not alone and that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a grateful heart and for a fledgling preacher in the morning and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: