Tuesday, March 5, 2013


Happy Monday! 

Can you believe it is mid-term for me?  I have completed the paperwork for Supervised Ministry mid-term. I have completed two papers and they are sitting in the inbox of my editor. My Spring Break will begin at noon on Wednesday!  Just an FYI…I will be preaching my spring sermon next Sunday at Rush Creek at 8:30 and 10:50. There is a fund raising pancake breakfast between services if any of you would like to come.  The sermon is written and I am working on delivery. Please offer a prayer for me as I prepare to deliver God’s Word to His people and my reflections on it. I pray the Holy Spirit to guide my words and direct my thoughts as I share the insights I have gleaned on this passage of scripture. 

Prayer:  Holy, Holy Lord, Tonight I come before You in the quiet of this hour believing Your promise to be faithful. Please fill me with Your joy and Your peace helping me to trust You to the very depth of my being. You are the God of hope, filling me, blessing me with the nourishment that my soul craves. Being in Your presence is the grace of heaven given freely here in my life and in all who seek Your face. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Romans 15:13

God is the God of Hope. The hope that God offers is not just wishful thinking. Hope is the certainty of God in our lives even though it refers to things not yet fully realized. Hope is security because Hope comes from God obtained by the work of Jesus on the cross. This hope is the foundation of joy and peace. It is the joy and peace we find in God. No matter how tough things are in our lives right now we can live in the assurance that God delights in creating possibilities for us out of seemingly impossible situations. When we really think on this phenomenal truth and stand or kneel in the presence of God we are on Holy Ground and can enjoy the hope that overflows from God’s eternal grace.

Take joy in this journey of Lenten hope. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: