Friday, March 8, 2013


Happy Thursday! 

Prayer:  Holy, loving and healing God, there are so many who are in  need of  your healing today. These folks are discouraged and tired and are at the end of their ropes. Lord, let each of us trust in You forever, for You are our rock and our shield and the One we can wholly rely on. Thank You for loving us so very much. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.”
Proverbs 3: 5

Lately, it seems as I am receiving daily prayer requests from friends about themselves, their family or friends concerning healing from illness. I remember how important the prayers of others were when Casey was battling cancer. The prayers of those we love, our families, friends and those we did not know who read the nightly journal entries helped provide comfort and support as a great cloud of witnesses here on earth. 

The opening line of my devotion tonight said, “TRUST IN ME FOREVER, FOR I AM THE ROCK ETERNAL.”  It is easy to trust and give praise to God when things are going along well, but it is tough sometimes when we are facing difficulties. Even when we fail to trust, God continues to love us perfectly. Let us remember the assurance of the unfailing love of God and return to the Holy One and trust in God’s continual presence.  Though we are not perfect at this issue of trust, God’s love is rock steady and unchanging. God can bear all of the weight we are carrying around especially the problems and illnesses we have. God invites us to come to Him with all of our worries, illnesses, stresses, desires and needs, asking us to trust Him with all our hearts and minds.

Take joy in this Lenten journey of learning to trust remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: