Saturday, March 9, 2013


Happy Friday! 

My Facebook has had many, many entries from teachers who are jumping with joy that it is Spring Break!  I pray these hard working folks will take time to play, relax and have fun on their time off. 

My day began with an urgent prayer request from a friend to pray for a friend of hers who was going in for emergency heart surgery. According to the diagnosis her friend’s family was told to say their goodbyes, because the potential outcome was not good. When these requests come in I pray immediately. Later in the day I received a message that the gentleman came through surgery well and is recovering. Never doubt the power of prayer and if someone asks you to pray…pray right then; just a few words will do and then wait for God to act.

Prayer:  Great Physician, I give thanks that You hear our prayers. I give thanks that we have this amazing way to communicate with You. And I give thanks that You desire above all else to have a relationship with each one of us. Lord, I give thanks in the Proverb; there is a future hope for each of us and our hope will not be cut off. You are our Hope and Trust and in Jesus name You give us the hope of healing, hope of heaven and the riches of Your glorious inheritance.  In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Romans 12: 12

“There is surely a hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.”
Proverbs 23: 18

My best friend Carme sends me scripture every day. I count on those wonderful treasures each day. They are the first text message of the day I receive. There are some days when there are two passages. These are called Bonus  passages. I love Bonus Day!  So today I have given you your own (or my own) Bonus Day with these two passages.

God is telling us to be joyful in hope.  There are times we have circumstances in our lives that make it difficult to be joyful. When we need to find our joy once again where do we go and to whom do we turn? 

When Casey was to very sick at MD Anderson Hospital there came a time when nothing was going well at all.  I am usually someone who can find the good in nearly everything and the storehouse of my joy was being rapidly emptied. So finally I got tired of feeling like the weight of the world was smashing me into the ground.  So I went out onto the floor and it just so happened that the floor was quiet and the nurses were all in patient rooms. It was just me and Satan. I stared into the eyes of the Evil one and said, “Satan you will not steal my joy and you have no power here.”  Once I faced down the demon of fear and thief who was stealing my joy I felt so much better. I even put a sign on the door to our room that said the same thing.  “Satan, you have no power here.” After that my joy returned.

Whatever is going on in our lives, especially circumstances and situations that weigh us down, hang onto hope for dear life. When we hang on to hope we do not just survive we thrive and can get through the tough times joyously!

Take great joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint!  Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayers:  My family will be travelling tomorrow. Please join me in prayers for travel mercy for their journeys.

One of our friends is having surgery on Monday. Please pray for the doctors to be perfect in skills and that our friend’s body will be able to handle the procedure well. Pray for the family to have peace, trust and assurance in God for safety and restoration to wellness.  Thank you. Peace, gc

No comments: