Wednesday, March 27, 2013


Happy Tuesday! 

Okay, I am better tonight. I wrote a scripture based paper in response to the reading I had to do for class concerning atonement. One of my statements simply said that Christ without the Cross would not have cause for resurrection. Without Christ and the resurrection we would still be killing livestock and wandering the desert.

Prayer: Holy One, we continue to journey through Holy Week. Sometimes this week can seem overwhelming with rehearsals for special music, several extra worship services and family gatherings to come. Let us take a moment and think through the steps of this week and remember that You, LORD, are at the center of all the preparations and it is You on whom we need to place our focus. Let us listen to You when we are stressed. Calm our minds so we can hear Your voice all the time.  Thank you Lord, we love You so.  In Jesus name, Amen.

“You will see Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”
Jeremiah 29: 13

God is not only with us, God is in our every experience and circumstance.  God is never the author of evil, but when we experience tough times God is fully able to use the bad things for good. God may not remove our suffering, but does redeem it and give it meaning. God invites us to be courageous and to search for God’s abiding love and unfailing Presence in whatever we are experiencing. 

God did not remove the suffering of the cross from Jesus, but used that horrific suffering to reconcile us back unto Himself and offer an everlasting relationship with extraordinary meaning. Holy Scripture claims, “You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”  Search for God and somehow God will make the blessing of His Presence in the toughest of times.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: