Sunday, March 24, 2013


Blessed Sunday to you all. 

Today began for me at around 6: 30 AM and finally landed me back at home around 8:00.  One of the highlights of my day was assisting in worship at the Juliette Fowler Home in Dallas. Today was Palm Sunday and palm fronds were given to the residents who attended the worship service.  The congregation was made up of folks from Rush Creek adult and youth from the baptism class, elder folks from residence and a few staff members.
 
Given the late hour I am going to share the communion meditation I offered today during worship.

Meditation:  Today is the remembrance of the Triumphal Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem…and I thought about a donkey. Thirty three years earlier it was a donkey which brought Jesus (and Mary) to the town where He was born. It was less than a triumphal entry for a child king. And today it is a donkey which carries the King of Kings and Lord of Lords through a parade of palm leaves, lots of people and walking over cloaks and into the city where Jesus will teach His last lessons and say good-bye to His closest friends over a meal of bread and wine. 

Jesus invites us to come to the table any way we can get there. We are all welcome at the table of the Savior to be filled with forgiveness, love, grace and fellowship with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Come…all are welcome.

Benediction:  

“The LORD make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you.”  
(Numbers 6: 25)

Take joy in this journey through Holy Week. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep.  Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: