Saturday, March 16, 2013


Happy Saturday!

Prayer:  Holy Comforter, today I have shed some tears of grief over those who are so dear to me who are invested in heaven. I give thanks that You were here to receive my tears. Thank You for Your tender mercies, comfort and ever present hope. Your unfailing love is always present and for that I am so very grateful. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. ‘The LORD is my portion, says my soul, ‘therefore I hope in Him!’”

Lamentations 3: 22-24

My life will forever be marked following the loss of our son, Casey. It is at times hard to remember life before that time. While Casey was sick, the gift we received during that last year was the opportunity to spend each day of his last year with him. Nearly every Saturday whether he was at home or in the hospital, he and I ate breakfast together. For some reason today I thought about those Saturdays and how I treasured them. So today for some reason I missed Casey and poured my heart and my tears out to God. 

God shows compassion in our grief. When times of grief and despair come we need not try to escape them. Grief is a season we must all experience and somehow or other by God’s good grace He uses our grief for our good.  Sometimes we might feel that grief and sorrow will be with us forever, but remember in the beautiful passage from Lamentations; the writer is going through a really rough time, but has such assurance in God and knows God so well that he realizes that God’s compassions fail not and there is no limit to the greatness of God’s unfailing love and faithfulness.

My friends, when sorrow begins to overwhelm, when you feel the darkness closing in around you, look for God’s tender mercies in His Presence. God’s unfailing love and tender mercies are the light in the darkness we see as it shines down on us providing the compassions that are new every morning.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint! Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: