Monday, March 11, 2013


Happy Monday! 

Prayer update: Our friend who had surgery this morning came through with flying colors.  No malignancies detected!  Thank you for your prayers.

Bruce is not feeling well. Please pray for him to heal quickly and feel better.

Prayer: Lord, tonight I give You thanks that we can pray to You with whatever is going on with ourselves, our friends, family and even those we do not know. I give thanks that You hear our prayers and answer them in ways we can understand and even in ways or time we do not always understand. The best part Lord is that You listen and take our prayers seriously as they are the cries of our hearts.  In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.”
Psalm 55: 22

“I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.”
Psalm 13: 5

Bonus Day!  I love it when Carme sends my scripture and I see the words Bonus Day!  So tonight/today we get bonus day.

CAST YOUR BURDEN ON ME, AND I WILL SUSTAIN YOU.  Those are such amazing words. I love the psalms. The psalms are one of the most different books in the scriptures.  While God has inspired the words in the other books and speaks to us, the Psalms are the prayers of God’s people back to God. What assurance these folks must have had to believe in God so much that the psalms are written in first person and speaking to God.  “I trust in your unfailing love.”  WOW!

The first passage about “casting your burden on the LORD.” This means that no matter what the circumstances are, God will carry us through them. We are not being asked to carry them on our own, but to bring them before the Lord, our God, into His Presence and cast it on Him. Here is the key…cast our burden on the LORD and LEAVE IT THERE.  Do not reel it back in. When we leave our burden with God we acknowledge that God is in charge and the outcome is in God’s hand. Let us trust in the unfailing love of God and let God carry our burdens.

Take joy in the journey of God’s unfailing love. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude for that unfailing love and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: