Friday, March 15, 2013


Happy Thursday! 

Geni and I met with a close friend today and began to work out the details for the rehearsal dinner.  I realize that planning a rehearsal dinner is not near as taxing as the details of planning a wedding, but there are many things to be worked out. We have a venue, caterers, and a plan for decorating. Now we will begin to gather the table items together a few at a time until all is collected.  There came a time when I had to stop all of the creative juices that were flowing and assess where we were. I could not make any more decisions.

Prayer alert:  Travis and Sarah found a house they would like to rent today. They believe it to be perfect for them. Tonight they are furiously filling out application forms and taking them over to drop them off with a deposit.  Please pray for these two young adults as they make plans and put the details for their lives together. Thanks.

Prayer:  Holy One, help us to be still when we really need to remain quiet and still in your presence.  Sometimes I think You do Your best work in us  when we are quiet, still and focused on You.  Sometimes when we become weary from the struggle and our strength is running low, may we put our pride aside and trust You to battle for us. You call us to rest in You and we trust You are working on our behalf. Lord, let us be still and know that You are God.  In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Exodus 14: 14

“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exulted among the nations, I will be exulted in the earth!
Psalm 46: 10
Bonus Day!!

We lead such busy hectic lives that are full of talking, texting, thinking and action that we find it hard to quiet ourselves before God.  I have often been in the checkout line at the grocery store, swiped my card and I am already thinking about my next stop. I haven’t pushed the required buttons or scrawled my signature across the screen. The person who is working the register has to remind me to do all of those things.  Sometimes quieting ourselves before God may seem impossible. It is during these times when we believe we cannot spend quiet time before God that we let our own thinking take over and we have placed ourselves on the throne of our own lives and pushed God out.
 
Let all of us try to change this.  Let us call upon the power of the Holy Spirit. Let us ask the Holy Spirit to intervene and ask God to take back control of our thoughts and out time cleansing us and soothing us from the inside out. We need to take time in our busy, hectic lives to rest in the shadow of the Almighty, and let God fight for us. 

Take joy in the journey of hope remembering that hope does not disappoint.  Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some rest.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: