Wednesday, March 13, 2013


Happy Tuesday! 

This spring break is going too fast!!!

Prayer:  Holy One, let us sit quietly with You and simply soak in Your Presence.  As friends, neither of us needs to speak to know the other is there. Thank you for taking the time to be with us and stay with us when we hurt, when we are in want, when we are happy and glad and when we just need to be quiet and do not want to be alone.  Thank You for breathing out Your Holy Spirit on each one of us and allowing us to breathe in Your peace. In Jesus’ name, I pray.  Amen.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 4: 6-7

Tonight my daughter-in- love (Sarah) asked for prayer for a test she has been studying for. She made this request via Facebook. I prayed for her online.  I prayed for her to get some rest, to lay this test in the arms of the Savior and to take a breath, say a prayer if she gets stuck and what she needs will be given to her. 

Being close to God brings joy not only in our lives, but in the heart of God. When we focus our thoughts on God then we experience Peace, Joy and the Unfailing love of our Creator, our Savior and Sovereign Lord.

Living close to God is living a transcendent life.  Living a transcendent life is allowing God to so embrace our lives that we are willing to change to be more like Him. We live this life each time we bring our troubles, struggles, disappointments, fears and failures to the foot of the throne of grace saying, “I trust You, Jesus. You are my hope.”  Voicing these short prayers allows us to live a transcendent life because they keep us in constant contact with the Savior of the world.  Let us not let the circumstances of our lives confine or condemn us, but let Jesus become so close to us that we become overcomers.

Take joy in this Lenten journey of hope. Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: