Monday, March 18, 2013


Blessed Sunday to you all!

Prayer:  Holy One, Lord within our midst, You are mighty! You are the Creator of the universe and choose to dwell within each one of us. You have chosen to be as close to us as our very next breath. You are at the center of our souls and are aware of our every feeling, thought, desire and need. You are sad with us when we are sad and You rejoice with us when we rejoice. Thank you, loving Savior. We love you so much. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

"The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3: 17

Sometimes when I am just quiet before God I try to imagine how the Creator God we love so much can encompass the universe and still have the greatest of desires to dwell within me. I am humbled and feel sort of small and yet the thought of the immense power dwelling within me is pretty overwhelming. I think the insight God wants us to learn about His strength dwelling within us is that when we are weak His strength shows itself in the most amazing ways. It is God's strength that causes us to see light in the darkness and blessings during times of trial. The best part is that when we recognize God's strength within ourselves we are aware of God's Presence 

Lent is almost over. These journal entries for the last weeks have been about hope and recognizing God's presence in our lives. Let's try at least once or twice a day to remind ourselves that God is dwelling within each of us and see what happens. Maybe when we do this any discouragement we have will be driven away and will be replaced with hope and great joy. I think this is totally possible... because God dwells within us!

Take joy in the journey of hope remembering that hope does not disappoint! Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.        

No comments: