Wednesday, March 20, 2013


Happy Wednesday!

Happy first day of Spring! Just a quick update…I received a B on my latest Religion and Violence paper and an A on my Religion and Immigration paper.  Several critical papers due in April so please begin to pray for me now!!!

Prayer:  Holy, Holy, Holy Lord; God of power and might, heaven and earth are full of Your glory. And yet you love us, your human creation, enough to call us your own. You brought us out of darkness into Your own brilliant light. We belong to You.  You brought us out of the darkness to proclaim Your praise. 
You, O Lord, are the constant reminder that we are never alone.  Thank you Lord, we love you so much. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“You are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who call you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”
1 Peter 2: 9

I love these words of Peter. Peter, who was a simple fisherman, was known to his friends as one who was filled with shame and disgrace over his denial of Jesus at the crucifixion.  Yet when Peter had the encounter with Jesus following the crucifixion he changed once again and learned to speak the truth of Christ to others which brought about remarkable a change .  With the words of this scripture Peter gathered the church and caused its members to look past the boundaries of gender, race and class in order to see themselves as God sees them.

God sees all of us as children who are claimed for royalty. God calls us holy and special people. This marvelous passage carries with it three powerful insights. The first one is that God is sovereign. God is God. The second is that we are to call out to God in the darkness so that we can be brought into the light of His love. The third insight is that it is our responsibility to proclaim the praises of Him who loves us so much that He chose to shed His own blood to cover the darkness of our sin and disgrace and bring us into the light of holy ground.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: