Wednesday, February 20, 2013


Happy Tuesday! 

Okay, my mistake…I started over to Fort Worth to the Coffee and Theology event this morning. As I was stopped at a Stop sign I looked once again at the paper with the information and discovered the Coffee and Theology was being held at 8: 30 pm tonight, not AM as I thought.  But the Brite Luncheon was wonderful and I am glad I went.

Prayer alert: Nita Davis, wife of Ken Davis passed away this morning. Please keep Ken, his children and family in your prayers in this their time of sadness and loss.

Prayer:  Lord,  we have friends and family who are going through tough times right now and are in need of knowing Your presence is there to help them and give them peace and comfort.  We have friends who are ill, facing loss of family members, loss of jobs and uncertain futures.  I ask you to take their sadness, their grief, their uncertainty and troubles and show them to a door of hope. Help those who need this door to be opened to know that there is a future of hope in Christ Jesus.  In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
Matthew 11: 28-29

My friends, let the delights and comforts of the Lord fill your soul. Life hands us so many things to be anxious about that sometimes there are too many to count.  When things are in a mess, whisper Jesus’ name for help. When we whisper Jesus’ name we are asking God to be present with us in the power of the Holy Spirit and the risen Christ. When we call on the name of the Lord our whole attitude changes and we can expect the pleasure of receiving comfort. When problems arise instead of being discouraged, let these times of trouble be reminders to seek the Presence of the Lord, the peace that God can provide, the love that has been lavished on us by God’s own choice.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed, carry an umbrella and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: