Saturday, February 23, 2013


Happy Saturday!

Prayer:  Lord, You are our great High Priest who goes before the throne of grace to our Father and pleads our case.  It does not matter whether we need forgiveness and mercy or comfort and peace, You still go before God and pray on our behalf. We continue to hope in this because You are the anchor on whom we place our trust. Thank you blessed Lord. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.”

“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever…”
Hebrews 6: 19

Tonight my devotional reading began with these words, “I AM YOUR RISEN, LIVING SAVIOR! Through My resurrection you have been born again into an ever-living hope.”  We are being asked to remain hopeful no matter what is going on in our lives. There are many things in which folks put their hope: money, power, good health, medicine—but these are all insufficient without the hope we find in Jesus.

When Casey was undergoing chemotherapy I would pray for the blood of Jesus to flow through his body along with the chemotherapy drugs. It is with this hope that he was able to endure the harshness of the drugs. This verse tells us that Jesus is the anchor for our soul, firm and secure.  To help us to remember this hope is to whisper “Jesus, You are my hope,”  saying this as often as we need. When we affirm the hope of Christ we are strengthened because we remain connected to God.

God wishes us to remain connected to us through raging storms and calm seas. When we claim Jesus as our hope there are no limits to what God and His power and glory can accomplish. When we claim the hope of Christ we prepare to be transformed. For we who hope in Christ will not be disappointed.

Take joy in the journey and remember Hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: