Saturday, February 23, 2013


Happy Friday!  And Happy birthday Carme!

Prayer:  Holy Lord, today I was reminded by a friend to give thanks for abundance and not dwell on scarcity. When we have You we live in abundance. Let me not look at the things around me as abundance, for all that I have on this earth is temporal. But let me praise You for the help of Your continued presence.  In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.”
Psalm 42: 5

My Lenten journey seems to be leading me to examine hope. Hope is the prayer I pray when I am upset or in need of guidance. Hope does not mean that everything will turn out like we want it to just because we pray to God. Hope in the New Testament is the hope of the resurrection in our lives that we will receive eternal life in Jesus when we are no longer on this earth.

We pray in hope when difficulties are all around us. But maybe, hope is rejoicing that God is present with us. Knowing that God is with us enables us to cope with whatever circumstances are happening so that we may be strengthened in our trust in God.  God is true to ALL of His promises. God is the living Word that affirms our trust in Him and draws us nearer to Him.
So, my friends, let us be bold in our hope that God is present with us. Let us not hold back the impulse to give hope a voice. When we worship God (not just on Sunday) a new hope will grow in each of us who believe.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint! Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed, pray with a thankful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: