Sunday, February 17, 2013


Blessed First Sunday in Lent. 

Prayer:  Lord, today I felt your presence in those around me who are seeking You to explain difficult parts of this life in Christ we lead. I offer thanks and praise that You are greater than all of our questions and rejoice in our relationship with You when we ask our questions and wait on answers. I am also grateful that You have provided a direct path to communicate with You in the risen Christ and the act of prayer. Thank you for already knowing our struggles and have mapped out ways to understand.  In Jesus’ name, I pray.  Amen.

“But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.”
Micah 7: 7

There are so many folks out there right now who are suffering. All of us know how it feels to be so overwhelmed with difficulties and strife that sometime we are unable to put the words together to pray. 

Here is the good news.  God sent the Holy Spirit to intercede for us with the groans that we are unable to express. These are the prayers that rise from the depths of our souls and reach all the way to heaven.  God is present in the Holy Spirit and asks us in the Holy Scriptures to watch and wait in hope that God will hear our prayer. Sometimes it is so hard to wait, but God will always do what is best and in time that is not marked by the calendar or clock. God marks time by eternity.

So when it is hard to pray just let us breathe the name of Jesus or memorize a simple phrase like Jesus fill me with Your Peace.  Just breathe this simple prayer - offer it as often as you need it. God will send His unfailing love that will rest peacefully upon each of us. Scripture also tells us to find joy in our trials. That is really tough. But here is the good news about that…maybe if we trust our trials, difficulties and striving to God in prayer then they will not feel so heavy and maybe just maybe a little joy might sneak its way back into our lives.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and sleep peacefully.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: