Thursday, February 21, 2013


Happy Thursday!

Prayer:  Holy Lord, tonight I pray one of Your own Psalms, “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Thank You, Lord, for Your Word. It is Your Word in which we can find our way to trust in You. Thank you that we can pray Your Word and You listen. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“You are my hiding place, you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”
Psalm 32: 7

Our world today does not offer many places or instances where we can have some privacy. We live in an amazing age of electronics where if we run a red light, a camera takes our picture, when we walk into the bank there are cameras that watch where we walk and with whom we talk and even when we go to the grocery store and present our store card the computer knows our spending habits. I watch enough NCIS that I know with the push of a few buttons and a finger print scan my life story can be on someone’s computer screen. Places of safety and privacy are pretty hard to come by.

So when we need some time, some quiet private time God tells us in this passage of the psalm that He is our hiding place. All we have to do to access this place is call out to God and we will be protected and sing songs of deliverance.  God dwells in the praises of His people.  When we are feeling weighed down by difficulties in life, stop and take a moment to worship God inviting Him into the midst of the problem and find the heart of God.  In the Presence of God You will find strength. When we praise God in the midst of a hard day or ongoing trial both God and we are blessed. This is when God hides us in the secret place of His Presence.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope never disappoints. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a thankful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: