Monday, February 18, 2013


Happy Monday!

I do not have classes this week because it is Minister’s Week at TCU, University Christian Church and Brite. There are disciples ministers from all over the country attending this convention style event.  There are many workshops and seminars to be held this week. I am not attending a lot as I have much studying to do this week, but tomorrow I am going to attend a conversation entitled Coffee and Theology. Is that perfect for me or what?!! It is going to be held at the Avocca Coffee Shop in Fort Worth at 8: 30 tomorrow morning.  I promise a full report. Because I assisted in registering pastors and others for the Minister’s Week activities I was given a gift of a Brite Luncheon ticket to be held tomorrow. So after Coffee and Theology and lunch I think it will be study time for me.

Prayer alert:  I am asking for prayers for the Dan and Vickie Davis family as their mother (in law) Nita Davis, wife of Ken Davis,  has experienced a stroke and is not expected to live.  This is a family from Rush Creek and Vickie is the leader of my Lay Training Committee.  Please keep this family in your prayers in this most difficult time.  Thank you.

Prayer:  Lord, bring peace to those who are going through such difficult times. There are those who have a large hole in their lives that was once filled with a loved one. You are the only One who can fill that space with a loving presence and a peaceful countenance.  Even though we are sad when we lose someone we love either to brokenness or in death we count on Your loving presence to fill us with comfort. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.  The Lord be with all of you.”
2 Thessalonians 3: 16

Jesus is the Lord of peace and gives us peace each day and at all times.  I cannot imagine going through anything as difficult as the death of a loved one without the Presence of the living God in my life.  Those who do not know Jesus try to fill that empty space with all kinds of different things or pretend that nothing really happened at all. What all of us fail to recognize is the full extent of our need and just to what extent God will go to bring about healing and full---fillment within us.  We must recognize our need and then believe that God can and will supply every need we have because the scripture says, “at all times and in every way.”

Jesus tried to prepare the disciples for His crucifixion. He tried to let them know that even though He would not be with them physically, He would be with them by prayer and through the power of the Holy Spirit bringing them the peace they would so dearly need.

The peace of Christ comes in full measure. The promise of peace is there for all who ask for it. We can receive God’s peace at any time. Last night we learned a simple sentence prayer, “Help me, Jesus. Fill me with your peace.” Now let us each affirm our openness to receive God’s peace and tell our Lord, “Jesus, I receive Your Peace.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a peaceful heart and with thanksgiving and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.



No comments: