Monday, November 26, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

It was a busy day at church.  Worship at 8:30, I led Children’s church during the 11:00 worship and then went back at 5:00 to help narrate the Hanging of the Greens service at Rush Creek.  The sanctuary looks beautiful.  My part in the service was being the “explainer.”  I read explanations of the different decoration’s places in the sanctuary throughout the service and their scriptural and traditional Christian meanings.  It was very cool!! After all that I came home and worked on my Final Fall Evaluation for this semester for Supervised Ministry.  WOW!

Prayer:  Lord, today may my eyes be so lifted up that I will see the world as You see it. Your eyes of compassion constantly seek to save the lost, and it is my heart’s desire to see with Your eyes. Deliver me from the mundane approach of this day, and grant me the honor of sharing my faith and Your Good News with people today. As You open my eyes to that opportunity; open their blinded eyes to see their need. I choose to live in that expectancy today. Amen.

“Lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest.”
John 4: 35b

One of the questions I have to answer before I am ordained is “Why should I be ordained?”  I need to be able to clearly articulate why Gaylene should be “set apart” into the service of God through the church.  I have not yet been able to find the words these committee folks want to hear.  I am looking to find some words that can get me started.

I want to see people as God sees them and share the ‘good news” of God through Jesus.  I believe God has called me to a ministry of reconciliation as an agent of hope to those who are hurting, in sorrow, despair and in need of the assurance of God’s faithfulness.  The mission of the gospel is to teach others about the saving grace of God.  Through this calling to serve God and the body of Christ I pray for the power and strength to humbly wear the priestly mantle and be bold for God. 

Thanks for listening.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings, say your prayers and pray for others.  Pray for your pastors and those of us in training.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: