Monday, November 26, 2012


Happy Monday! 

Ok, count down to the end of the semester and year end events. 

I have completed the entire packet of supervised Ministry Evaluation and collected the evaluations from Pastor Chris and the Lay Training committee.  One on the check off list complete and ready to turn in. 

Remaining on the list…one paper for Pastoral Care, completed pastoral care skills assessment, complete the study guide for New Testament Test, study for the New Testament test and take the New Testament test.  Many prayers please!! 

Prayer alert!  We received word tonight that a former pastor and very dear friend of ours is being placed in hospice care tomorrow.  She has COPD, congestive heart failure and her kidneys are shutting down.  This woman is one who helped me hear a call to ministry and who wrote a letter of recommendation for me to enter seminary.  Since I am not sure as to the confidentiality of this matter I am asking for you to pray for her and her family at this time without identifying her by name.  Thank you. 

Prayer:  Lord, yesterday, I asked You to open my eyes to see people as You see them.  Today I would like to also share with others how You see Your children. There are so many who need to see themselves as children of God created in Your image and how much you love them. There are those who are in need of hearing what it means to be Your child. There are so many around me who are living aimless lives without hope and without Christ.  Help me see the opportunities to boldly proclaim the message of salvation and loving forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Amen. 

“Then He said to His disciples, ‘The harvest is truly plentiful, but the laborers are few.  Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.’”
Matthew 9: 37-38

According to my meditation tonight a recent survey found that “96% of the people born since 1970 do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.”  I don’t know about you, but that statistic is scary and sends a call to the Christian believers to take a position in the labor force of Christ and cultivate some new growth.

When we share our faith we need to remember a few things…1) The harvest belongs to God so it is God who receives the increase.  We are all called to this ministry, and we are the vessels used by God to “gossip the gospel.”  It is God who receives the increase in those who come to believe in Jesus and in His name.  2) It is by the power of the Holy Spirit working through us that raises us up to serve in this journey and endeavor of reaching the lost. 

Today’s passage calls us to pray for others to believe in Christ. When we pray for this God will honor this step of faith into the furthering of the kingdom here on earth and enable those who need to deliver a message of hope and love. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: