Saturday, December 1, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

Prayer:  Lord, as I begin this day I ask You to help me fully believe in Jesus, to give me a growing understanding of Him, and to empower me through Your Holy Spirit to consciously submit to Him. This day give me opportunities to share my faith with others. Amen.”

“He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. And this is the testimony; that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.”
1 John 5: 10, 11

One of the pieces of music I have enjoyed singing since my days as a music student is an old spiritual titled, “Witness.”  A witness is one who testifies of what he or she has personally experienced.  If we believe in Jesus, God gives us the experience of Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit. When we share with others the experience we have had with Jesus, the Holy Spirit uses our faith to inspire them to believe that “God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.”

The other word in this passage needing examination is believe.  To believe in something is to have understanding with both our intellect and our hearts.  We believe in Jesus by our faith in God through the experience of the Holy Spirit.  So as we witness to others the Holy Spirit causes others to see our actions and our belief in Jesus.  Let us spend some time praying that God will continue to help us realize that our faith is a witness to what we believe as we live a life inspired by our knowledge and experience in Jesus.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all and Happy Advent Eve, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 
  

No comments: