Saturday, November 24, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

Easy day.  Low key. Did some test prep.  Put Thanksgiving leftovers in the freezer for future use and made popcorn for movie watching. 

Prayer alert:  Our friend David Russell who spent Thanksgiving in a hospital in Arizona battling an infection is being released today. At around 5:30 they were waiting on a wheelchair and then heading home.  Please pray travel mercy on these treasured friends and continued healing for David. 

Prayer:  Lord You order the steps of a righteous person (Ps. 37: 23) , so may every move I make today be in the direction that Your Holy Spirit would have me walk. As I seek Your guidance, let me do so with the full confidence that You can be trusted to provide a more abundant life today that I could ever muster up in my flesh. “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord” (Ps. 19: 14). Amen.

“And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord.”
Jeremiah 29: 13, 14a

A few Sundays ago I preached at Rush Creek.  I placed bowls of scented oil at the end of each aisle for the congregation to anoint themselves with the oil prior to communion as a reminder throughout the day of the sweetness of God’s presence, love and forgiveness.

God has given each of us passions in the furthering of the kingdom here on earth.  Bruce has a passion for prison ministry.  I have a passion for pastoral care.  No matter what the passion God has given you it all comes down to the same message: when we seek the Lord with all of our heart we get to know God better. When we do that, we look for the opportunities to share what God has done for us with those we encounter.  Our task is to carry the same burden God carries…to see lost souls and help them find their way home through experiencing the love of God, His tender mercies, unmerited grace and complete forgiveness. 

When you wake up in the morning, greet God and experience the closeness and sweet fragrance of the presence of the Divine. Treasure the close fellowship being offered and desire to know God more throughout the day. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings, say your prayers and tell someone how much God loves them and you.  Love you all very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: