Sunday, November 18, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all. 

Prayer:  Loving Spirit, thank You that I have not one sin greater than Your grace. Let grace reign in and through me today. You are my Lord, and sin is not. I desire You to lead me today. Help me to be an agent of Your grace.  Thank You for Your amazing, infinite grace. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

“Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Romans 5: 20, 21

“Sin is as strong as death.” Sin is something at which we need to take a serious look. Sin is all around us.  Look at all of the injustice, suffering, freed, hate and hurt in the world all because of sin.  Sin is strong, but praise God, our faith in Jesus and His grace is stronger.  The passage today says, “but where sin abounded, grace abounded much more.” 

Have you ever thought about sin this way?  Remember that sin is what brought us to Christ by grace.  It is the presence of sin in our lives that will continue to lead us back to Christ. 

Everything we have and everything we are is by God’s grace. It is our task because of this precious grace in our lives that we extend that same grace to others.  God’s grace abounds in us and even though we are sinners God still loves us and saves us when we do not deserve the forgiveness and grace given to us.  We must forgive others and give to others even when they do not deserve it. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: