Thursday, November 22, 2012


Happy Thanksgiving !!

I ask for special prayers for our family this Thanksgiving. Even though there were twenty plus for Thanksgiving lunch there were precious family members who did not share our table with us this year for they were at the Great Thanksgiving with Jesus. 

Prayer:  God of the Great Thanksgiving, I begin with praise and adoration to You. Without You life would be hopeless and aimless, but since You came to me when I couldn't get to You, life has been filled with great peace and anticipation and purpose. My voice will forever praise You for loving me enough to provide for my salvation through Your Son. Grant to me this day the vision to see opportunities to share that love with others. Because of Your strength, I will be successful in proclaiming Your love today. Amen.

“Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name but do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.”
Hebrews 13: 15-16

What an awesome day!  Great family fellowship, fantastic food and the Frogs won!! WOW!! Let the shopping begin.

There is a story about a homeless man who walked into a church and heard the good news of how much God loved him and so he accepted God as his Lord and Savior.  Shortly after that, someone in the church really put this new believer’s faith to the test by asking if God loved him so much why didn't he provide him with new shoes and a better way to take care of himself.  The man replied with, “I guess He did tell someone, but they forgot.”

My meditation tonight calls this type of talk, “Gossiping the gospel.” We cannot just rely on someone observing worship, prayers and study to change their lives.  We must sacrifice our time, our love, and our resources if we are to make a difference in the lives of others. 

Tomorrow is known as Black Friday.  There will be malls and shopping centers choked with shoppers.  Think about opportunities to extend the love of God to others as a demonstration of the difference God has made in your life. Let us seek in this season of the year to be effective witnesses to others by offering glimpses into the kingdom of God through our time, gifts and kindness.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes (especially tomorrow!) and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: