Saturday, November 24, 2012


Happy Friday! 

The only thing better than spending one day with family is spending two days with family.  Today we spent the day at Allen Eagle Stadium watching my HS Alma Mater, Sherman High School, in the second round of the state football playoffs. The bad news is …they lost.  The good news is we watched the game from the hospitality suite.  Totally cool.  

Prayer request:  Our dear friend David Russell has spent part of his Thanksgiving holiday in a hospital in Arizona.  He is battling an infection.  According to Carme, the doc is releasing him to go home tomorrow.  Please keep him in your prayers for healing and travel mercy on their way back to Texas. Thank you all so very much.

Prayer:  “This morning reminds me, Lord, of Your grace and mercy to allow me to experience a new day filled with incredible opportunities to love You and be loved by You. Thank You for extending to me salvation’s wonderful forgiveness of my sin and the blessings of knowing You.  The knowledge of that is too big for me to keep to myself. Plant someone in my life today who needs You, someone who will listen to the glorious way that You changed my life. Change them with Your power and grace. Amen.”

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you.”
Matthew 28: 19, 20a

While I was working at the hospital this summer I was called to a patient’s room.  It was an elderly gentleman who had not been given very long to live.  He felt the need to share his last wishes with some and he chose me.  One of his wishes was, “That my wife will come to know Christ as her personal Savior.”  It was this man’s final desire that his wife become a disciple of Christ. Whether it was before his passing or after did not matter, but her relationship with Christ did. 

These were the last words of Jesus to His disciples before He ascended to heaven.  He did not speak of the end times, rapture of the church or about heaven.  Jesus wanted His disciples to testify to what they has seen and heard about the power of Jesus love, forgiveness and grace.

The authentic witness is one who lives their life looking for openings to proclaim their love for Christ and teach others all that they have learned by the command of Christ.  Are we authentic witnesses or silent witnesses who expect others to learn about Jesus by watching our lives?

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Sleep well my friends and  love you  all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 
                                                                                                                  

No comments: