Thursday, October 25, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

Bruce made it home safely from Memphis around supper time tonight.  I am giving thanks.  Dale was released from the hospital today and is rehabbing at home.  God is good. 

I am now asking for prayers for Travis and his young lady, Sarah.  They will be traveling to Stillwater tomorrow for the TCU/OSU football game.  So two prayers; first, these two have safe travel and second that TCU wins!  Sarah is the OSU fan. So when she eats with us and we have soup I make her eat from a purple plate, but her soup bowl is orange. 

Prayer:  “Lord, I woke up excited because You are in complete control of my life, In this crazy world we live in. I know You will never leave me or forsake me. Please walk with me today and give your strength to be your ambassador. Amen.”

“For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.”
Psalm 84: 11

We claim God’s ever present power and presence in our lives. This verse claims God to be constant and dependent. The sun is always shining (even when we cannot see it) giving life. God upholds all things by the word.  I do not think I have ever rushed to the window to see if the sun was shining for I know it is shining even if I cannot see it.  This is the lesson we can learn about God.  We do not have to rush or search for God because God is always present just as the sun comes up in the morning.  God is no-fail! God is reliable.  We can rejoice and be encouraged today because we need not worry that God will ever leave us or forsake us.  The world may change from day to day, but this God we love who loves us so much is never changing. 

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. (I know I will sleep better tonight!)  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: