Sunday, October 28, 2012


Happy Saturday!  Unless you are a Horned Frog. 

It was a sad day for the Frogs as they lost to OSU this afternoon.  Travis and his girlfriend traveled to Stillwater to watch the game and sat on the OSU side cheering for the Pokes.  There will be no living with Sarah after this. 

I have been reading the Gnostic Gospels this week.  Some of it is weird stuff.  These writings include the Gospels of Thomas (not the disciple), Gospel of Mary (Magdalene) and the Gospel of Judas (not Iscariot).  They are writings of the saying of Jesus that could sort of be like proverbs.  They are not narrative writings, which tell a story, but wisdom writings with some of the verses just being a sentence long and some of the writings which allude to some of the stories from the gospels. 

Prayer:  Lord, I thank you that I can come boldly before You.  Thank you for understanding my daily struggles and needs.  I am Your child.  So Lord, speak to me and give me ears to hear as I spend time with You and in Your Word. Amen.

“Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
Hebrews 4: 16

I love Jesus.  God sent Jesus to the earth so that we might come to know the Divine on a personal level and so we could see Jesus interacting with others in earthly situations. Jesus was tempted and so he understands the daily struggles we have and is familiar with the problems of earthly folks.  Because God understands we can go boldly before the throne of grace and talk to God. 

I happen to believe that we can come to God with whatever we have on our minds through daily conversations and building a relationship with Him.  God hears our voice and because we have been in conversation with God, we hear God’s voice and understand.  When we go to God with whatever is on our minds we can expect mercy, grace, and help in our time of need. 

Tonight’s meditation offers a plan for getting to know God:
     1. Get up early in the morning before the demands of the day overtake us and spend time in prayer.
     2. Daily read God’s Word to provide nourishment for our spirits.
     3. Diligently put in maximum effort into prayer time to focus on God and God alone.
     4.  Yielding:  Be ready to say yes to God.  Believe in the voice of God and be obedient.

Let’s try this for a few days and see how our relationship with God deepens and becomes more intimate.  I want a full report!

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayers:  Little Tatum completed the month long radiation and steroid therapies.  About a year from now the remaining maintenance will be over.  These treatments will do whatever it takes to flush out any stray leukemia cells that might still be hanging about.  Please continue to pray for the Mighty T and her courageous family.

Please pray for Travis and Sarah to have a safe trip back from Stillwater tomorrow.  Thank you. Peace, gc

No comments: