Monday, October 29, 2012


Happy Monday!  

I met with the children’s director at Rush Creek today.  November ministry focus is children’s ministry. We have a wonderful children’s department with Sunday School, Children’s church, and children’s fellowship.  I am learning how I can plug in and help this part of the ministry of Rush Creek.

Prayer:  “Lord, I rise with gratitude in my heart and thanksgiving on my lips, for You have been so good to me. Before the day slips away, I want to stop and say, “I love You.” What a wonderful Savior You are! May the words I speak today be seasoned with Your love and grace. May I love others as You have loved me. Amen.”

“You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”
Psalm 16: 11

There is truly joy in living in God’s presence.  Happiness is an emotion that sometimes needs a reason to occur.  The other morning when it first turned cold, I got up and put on my TCU pajama pants, a long sleeved TCU t-shirt and TCU crocs and socks (does anyone see a pattern forming here?) I looked at Bruce and said, “Wearing these clothes makes me happy.”  The circumstances of the cool, crisp morning, putting on my most comfy clothes and having coffee with Lamar were a wonderful way to begin a day.  But happiness is really fragile and lasts only as long as the circumstances are favorable.  But joy is recognizing the experience of having the presence of God in our daily life.  Joy rises above happiness and whatever is going on in our lives.

My meditation describes joy as, “a deep sense of pleasure and well-being based on God’s character, promises and ability.”  Joy has far less to do with us and far more to do with God.  Joy happens when we can rejoice in the Lord when the circumstances make us happy, but true joy in the Lord happens when we can rejoice when the circumstances are not wonderful and do not make us happy.  When it is tough to find the joy and the circumstances are difficult then find joy in our salvation.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Tonight let us say prayers of safety and comfort for our brothers and sisters on the east coast.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: